- Radiator in my study fixed
- New Roomba battery ordered
- 1.5tb drive for Fry ordered
- New futon cushion for our sofa ordered
- Bin for compostables bought (to replace series of random skanky plastic containers) and lined with biodegradable rubbish bag
- Removed out of date anti-virus and replaced it with free in-date one from Alex's work (great workplace perk!)
- Xmas pressies for Dad purchased
- Xmas pressies for brother purchased
- Xmas pressies for sister-in-law purchased
- Part of Xmas pressies for Mum purchased
- OU course for next year picked out (along with about 6 others I don't have time for!) but heroically not signed up for yet to allow people to buy me OU vouchers for Xmas if they want.
- Amazon wish list updated to facilitate purchase of Xmas pressies for me by other people.
- Lampshade for our bedroom purchased and installed
- New, brighter bulb for living room lamp purchased and installed
Seriously, that first one makes me so happy! With a bit of help from the internet and Alex, all it needed was unscrewing the thermostat, some WD40 on the pin and a little bit of firm pressure to release it and now I am warm in the cat cave again! Lots of these look like really small things but are actually little jobs that I have just not been getting around to for ages and ages and ages so it's really pleasing to have actually got them done.
The OU website is so addictive! I spent about an hour planning out qualifications I could take. I want to take enough second year courses to fill the requirements for 2 degrees! Still, one step at a time, so I'm going for a first year philosophy course which looks really interesting and doesn't involve an exam to get myself back into it. I also spent a certain amout of time being very amused how many of the shows I remember from my childhood can now be bought as complete sets from Amazon. I guess the nostalgia market is alive and well. Have added the Mysterious Cities of Gold DVD to my wish list :)